Tuesday, March 20, 2007

i don't love stephanie

Note: I forgot to mention that tonight's guest mentors are British artists Lulu (mentoring the girls) and Peter Noone (mentoring the guys). You probably don't know who they are, and it doesn't really matter. Carry on.

3. Stephanie Edwards...wow, she's lucky enough to get a viewer question. What's the hardest part about getting ready each week? Answer: Choosing a song. Or trying not to imitate Beyonce. What a shocker. During the coaching session, Lulu said she reminds her of Beyonce. And this is why Stephanie Edwards will not win this competition.
Song: "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"
Me: This reminds me of when Nadia Turner sang this song in season four. And I liked that version a lot better. I'm really bored. Sure, she sounds OK, but she's way too much of a Beyonce wannabe. Stephanie Edwards is probably the most boring person in the entire world. I remember when she came out on the first round of girls' semifinals and wowed me with her take on Alicia Keyes. Now, she's just playing it safe and imitating up the wazoo.
Randy: "It was a little pitchy for me."
Paula: She starts out by complimenting the outfit. Uh-oh. "The only thing I want you to do is go back to having that fun."
Simon: "I think you are losing your edge...It was a cabaret performance, that was the problem."
Score: 5/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she never had an edge. she's been boring since the beginning for me. 5/10