Tuesday, March 20, 2007

chris ain't crying

2. Chris Richardson...while being coached by Peter Noone, he said his goal is to "finally nail a song." Good idea. Basically Peter Noone dissed him hardcore, arguing that he never showed the song's melody. Then again, Peter Noone probably has no idea who Justin Timberlake is, so he probably didn't catch Chris Richardson's vibe.
Song: "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying"
Me: OK, I'm a Chris fan, but even this performance is a bit dry for me. And I'm getting a little tired of the whole Justin Timberlake imitation. That said, Chris is a strong vocalist...when he's not being nasal. Plus, he consistently strikes a happy medium between modernizing a song and adhering to tradition. He takes risks without being pretentious, and I like that. And I have a huge crush on him.
Randy: "It was beautiful."
Paula: "The whole thing was very sexy and charming."
Simon: "I think that was your best performance ever."
Score: 8/10

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, totally overrated. chris is NOT a strong vocalist. he's all nose. I can barely stand to listen to him

Anonymous said...

i give him a 5/10

Anonymous said...

he'll be in the top 5, but hopefully no more than that. if he wins this competition, that's it for me. I'm boycotting the show forever