Monday, March 19, 2007

singing in the dark?


I'm sure everyone had a great weekend, in spite of the lack of AI. Don't worry, there's almost 24 hours until the next new episode. Thank God.
Judge Simon Cowell appeared on "60 Minutes" Sunday night, during which he said he's bigger than rocker Bruce Springsteen. He said the impact of 'Idol' is of more monetary worth to recording company Sony BMG than Springsteen alone. The full story, which you can read here, says Springsteen reportedly signed a contract worth approximately $100 million.
Think Simon's right? And if so, is the show's dominance permanent?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say that every year I'm surprised that American Idol is still #1. When will we get tired of it? I don't know, but I'm probably going to call it quits after this season.