Tuesday, March 20, 2007

jordin is excited

7. Jordin Sparks...she's lucky enough to get a viewer question. What song describes you best? Answer: "I'm So Excited," because -- you guessed it -- she always says she's excited. Lulu seems to like her, and this performance should be interesting.
Song: "I Who Have Nothing"
Me: I like this performance. I was never a big Jordin fan until recently, but her uniqueness has really become evident. Sure, I think they often overplay her youth...however, she's been consistently good. I can't see her winning, but she should be safe this week.
Randy: "Great, great performance."
Paula: "You're also a wonderful performer."
Simon: "You sang it beautifully, but I feel like jumping off a bridge."
Score: 7/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they showed the crappy, slow part of the song during the recap at the end of the show. sometimes i think there's somebody trying to nudge voters by choosing bad clips of the people they don't like

Amanda said...

I think she's great until I hear her talk. I'd rather they stop showing the backstage interviews if the contestants are just going to look inane and inarticulate. "I'm so excited. I'm so excited." Blah. I would not let Jordin Sparks sit with me at the cool table at lunch.