Tuesday, March 20, 2007

end of the road?

5. LaKisha Jones...Lulu helps her choose her song at the last minute, which is basically an excuse for us to watch her show off. But she ignores Lulu's advice in the end, so it looks like she wasn't that useful after all.
Song: "Diamonds are Forever"
Me: I don't like this. I'm so over LaKisha. I really think she picked the wrong song. It's stupid, according to my viewing partner Lisa. And I agree. Awful song choice and no energy. All in all, it's just a very weird and trippy
Randy: "I don't know if it was my favorite performance."
Paula: "You picked the right song."
Simon: "This was LaKisha in 50 years time in my opinion...It wasn't my favorite performance, it really wasn't."
Score: 5/10

6. Phil Stacey...Peter Noone has a serious crush on him. Cool.
Song: "Tobacco Road"
Me: I'm sticking to my assertion that Phil is one of this season's strongest vocalists, and this week is no exception. He's just still really creepy. Maybe he'd get more votes if he wasn't so pale. I think his alien-like appearance really will hurt him in the end. This performance isn't awful, but it's a relatively unknown song performed by a singer who's lacking charisma. He's going to be in trouble tomorrow.
Randy: "I always like your upper register because it's really strong."
Paula: "The emotion of the song...you were right there having fun."
Simon: "I wasn't crazy about it."
Score: 5.5/10

No comments: