Thursday, March 15, 2007

later, dude


I'm still recovering from Thursday night's AI hangover, and usually a good night of sleep gives me a whole new set of insights about the prior night's elimination. Brandon, however, remains not too much of a surprise. He really didn't have that much going for him, and I highly doubt the television viewing community will miss his spastic R. Kelly-meets-Elvis hip gyrations.


Am I upset Sanjaya didn't go? Not really. Vocally, he obviously offers nothing special. So he'll be sticking around another week. Big deal. There's nothing to worry about. Each season, there's always at least one contestant who slips through the cracks. Remember Jasmine Trias? What about Scott Savol? Enough said. These people advance -- sometimes to even the top three -- but they don't win. They do, however, give viewers something to talk about, something AI producers should be thankful for, especially in the absence of attention-getters like Antonella Barba.
So it'll be interesting to see what next week holds. I'm doing my best to find out next week's guest judge and I'll be sure to post as soon as I get any leads. Hopefully, it'll be the guy from Herman's Hermits, in which case you can look forward to some stellar insights from my colleague, Brog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww i love r kelly and i love elvis so dont compare boring brandon with them
and we need a scandal now to make this show interesting again how bout we photoshop some pictures of sunjay and spread them all over the internet?

Anonymous said...

i liked brandon, all youll are crazy he was so talented. I taped all his performances, too bc i was positive that he wuz going to win

Anonymous said...

Brandon was definitely the weakest link, and I'm glad to see him go. Now maybe I can sit through an entire episode without having to leave the room because I'm bored.