Tuesday, March 6, 2007

MY PICKS

So this week is tough. Honestly...in spite of my rampant obsession with Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson...nobody really impressed me. I could see anyone going home.
But I'm submitting my picks anyway. Please don't hate me if I'm wrong, but I'm betting on Sunjaya and Brandon. I think it's Sunjaya's time to go, barring an endorsement from Vote for the Worst, in which case I will substitute Phil Stacey in his place.
But like I said...anyone can go. And that wouldn't upset me. Maybe I'm just suffering from a bad case of AI overdose, but I thought tonight was one of the worst nights in the show's history. You'd think each guy would bring his "A" game on the last night of men's semifinals, but we ended up getting the exact opposite.
The highlight of the night was Blake's beat-boxing, and only because it represented an actual risk amid a bunch of contestants willing to settle for predictability and safety.
Was anyone else disappointed? Do you think the guys are just resigned to the fact that this is going to be a season for female belters?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

personaly i thik that all the talent in america has been suked dry with all the other sesons of american idol. everyone sucks this year

Anonymous said...

whatever I think Phil took a risk with a girly song. too bad his voice doesn't have any range. but i love (hate) how Paula said VERBATIM what Randy said about being "off register" and "weird" song choice... someone kick her off the show.

Anonymous said...

what's so great about beat boxing? would you buy a cd of him doing that? no. you can get a computer to do it for you, anyway. boo

Anonymous said...

next week we need to all agree to gang up on each and every one of the guys and vote them all off before any of the girls. they ALL suck

Anonymous said...

i hope that sundance stays because i want to see the camera cut to him every time someone gets eliminated. hey, it worked for fantasia and it could work for him

Anonymous said...

viva antonella por siempre!!!!!!