Tuesday, March 27, 2007

sanjaya + bath = gross

4. Sanjaya...he's sporting a mohawk tonight. And he opts for a Gwen Stefani song to kiss up. Too bad it probably won't work.
Song: "Bathwater"
Me: Did I mention Sanjaya is sporting a mohawk? And singing a Gwen Stefani song with really hard lyrics? OK, if he wanted to a Gwen song, it should have been "Just a Girl." This song is boring, and might not even be enough to help Sanjaya skirt the bottom three. No energy, and even the hair isn't working for me. I think his sister might even be hiding in there.
Randy: "I'm speechless every time."
Paula: "You can do it." (Re: transforming into a good singer.) That's probably FALSE.
Simon: "I think you are in your own universe and if people like you, good luck."
Score: 3/10

5. Haley Scarnato...we see her session with Gwen briefly, and it's just enough time to see a serious catfight in the works. Meow.
Song: "True Colors"
Me: This is good. Slightly boring and predictable, but good. I kind of wish she would have put somewhat of a unique spin on it or something. Vocally, she was right on. But I just wish she would have inserted a bit of originality, or at least some pep. This performance needs to be youthed up in a serious way. She reminds me of Kathy Lee Gifford. Honestly, I think I'd be more amped up listening to the Phil Collins version right now.
Randy: "You didn't really grab me with that."
Paula: "It didn't stay younger."
Simon: "I think it was sweet, but forgettable, really."
Score: 5/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visit www.zazzle.com/gluesing for Sanjaya shirts and mugs and bumper stickers

Amanda said...

I think whoever does his hair for the show has this ongoing joke with the other stylists that he/she can make Sanjaya's hair look even MORE ridiculous with each week, and he won't even protest/know/care. He's just a poor little boy that everyone's laughing at behind his back when it's not directly in front of his face. I kind of feel sorry for him. I wonder if he realizes he's the laughingstock of America right now.