Wednesday, March 7, 2007

just call me

7. Gina Glocksen...she has a bunch of lucky charms, including a troll. And by "troll," she doesn't mean Melinda Doolittle. Sorry.
Song: "Call Me When You're Sober"
Me: Sure, it's a random song choice, but I think it works for her. Like I always say, Gina is my guilty pleasure. This is good, and -- in spite of this performance's flaws -- Gina just restored my faith in securing a rock element in this year's competition. She's the first real rocker we've seen so far. Sorry, Sundance. And Sanjaya.
Randy: "Finally the real Gina comes out tonight."
Paula: "This is the style that suits you best."
Simon: "This was the girl we wanted in this stage of the competition."
Score: 7/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she was DEFINITELY an 8.5-9 performance tonight. she's definitely got "IT" factor

Anonymous said...

i have to say that amy lee from evanescence sings that way better than her, but gina is one of my two favorites. do i think she'll win, though? probably not, but i said the same thing about taylor last year: "he'll get far because he's weird but ultimately he won't have a strong enough fan base." i guess she needs to prove me wrong