Tuesday, March 20, 2007

is it time?


Can you believe I actually had a dream about "Idol" last night? Don't answer that. Anyway, the dream was about tonight's episode, which will reportedly have a "British Invasion" theme. I dreamt that instead of opting for traditional British acts -- say, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones -- every contestant chose contemporary British singers. At one particular point in the dream, there were like seven contestants who did variations of Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten." Scary.

I really don't know what it all means, other than the fact that I'm an AI addict and my dream story would have been much cooler had I cooked up some cool scenario involving my many Chris Richardson fantasies.

Still, song choice tonight should be interesting. I think the contestants most in need of a good performance are Stephanie Edwards and Phil Stacey. Phil just can't afford to go two consecutive weeks in the bottom three, and while I think he was fine vocally last week, he needs to sport some serious charisma. Or else.

Stephanie, meanwhile, needs to stop the Beyonce imitations and somehow separate herself from the pack of belters. Also...I think he'll be hanging around a bit, but I'd love to see Chris Sligh resurrect the quirky personality that originally made him shine. A good performance would also be helpful.

Who's in jeopardy? Haley, as usual. I think last week's success was largely a fluke generated by the pity vote accompanying her tears. But I have this serious hunch the American public might finally be over Sanjaya. Maybe.

Send me your thoughts and don't forget to weigh in throughout the show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a great american idol dream the other night too! I dreamed that the producers stopped wasting all our time with filler crap and incredibly long and numerous commercial breaks.
but then I woke up

Anonymous said...

i had a great american idol dream the other night too! I dreamed that the producers stopped wasting all our time with filler crap and incredibly long and numerous commercial breaks.
but then I woke up