Tuesday, March 27, 2007

phil & mel

6. Phil Stacey...he's lucky enough to get a viewer question. Something about newfound fame, which he totally skirts. Again, these people are really boring.
Song: "Every Breath You Take"
Me: It started off a bit rough, but it actually got better the song continued. As one of my lucky viewing partners said, "this sounds like the real thing." I'm not denying the fact that Phil's talented. I think he just needs to tone down the creepy factor. And reviving the cancer patient hat is not the way to do it. (Who called that one, by the way?)
Randy: "I actually kind of liked it, dawg."
Paula: "I think it was a real good performance."
Simon: "I actually thought that was very good."
Score: 7/10

7. Melinda Doolittle...Gwen says she "blew her away." She so has a huge crush on her.
Song: "Heaven Knows"
Me: What a surprise. This song sounds like every other Melinda Doolittle performance. It's right on par, and we have the characteristic belting we've grown to expect out of Melinda. That said, I think this comparatively one of Melinda's weaker performances. I'm just waiting for her to do something totally out of her comfort zone. Or she could be in danger. And I hate her outfit. It looks like a cheap Halloween costume called "Disco Girl."
Randy: "You actually are living the words...That was the bomb again."
Paula: "You have charisma from the word go."
Simon: "Vocally, you were, however, outstanding."
Score: 7/10

1 comment:

Amanda said...

as far as phil goes, I thought his whole performance was just so-so. He needs to leave already. there's no way he's going to win. especially with that head gear.
And at least Melinda tried something different with her outfit. I guess it's because she knew her performance would be nothing out of the ordinary (for her, that is).