Thursday, March 15, 2007

attack of the brits?


Next week's mentors will be Lulu and Peter Noone, according to this blog.

Peter Noone = Herman's Hermits guy. Score. I can't wait to tell Brog when he gets back from Taco Bell. I'd give a brief history of the band, but I figure Brog will take of that in an upcoming post. I will, however, note that the band's appearance reminds me of my prior job at the Mountain Democrat, a small newspaper in Placerville, Calif.

Herman's Hermits came to our county fair during my one of my summers at the paper, and the image of certain local authorities rocking out to "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter" remains priceless -- and kind of creepy -- in my mind.

Lulu, meanwhile, is a Scottish singer and actress. She's known mainly for her song "To Sir, With Love."

Next week's theme is allegedly "British Invasion."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I hope they all sing the beatles take that you dumb hermits

Anonymous said...

Great, British Invasion will be so much better than Diana Ross night. Maybe they'll sing some songs that we actually know this time (although no one will be willing to try rearranging because the judges dissed their creativity last week)