Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MY PICKS

So tonight was weird. And kind of boring. Before I get to my picks, let me say that I wish they would have worked the theme differently. A pop theme was a good idea, but when three of the 10 contestants pick Gwen Stefani/No Doubt songs, you should probably consider creating a strictly Gwen week. Just saying.
More importantly...my elimination forecast. My bottom three are Haley, Sanjaya and Chris Sligh. That by no means is what we should expect tomorrow. I don't even know if Seacrest is doing a bottom three anymore. Bottom line? I think Haley's going home. Her performance was OK vocally, but not especially memorable. And I still can't understand how she's getting a fan base.
Who SHOULD go home? Of course the answer is Sanjaya. His mohawk-ridden performance tonight annoyed me more than anything. He just seems to have gotten so cocky. I do think, somehow, he can really sing. He's just not even bothering to try anymore. He's opted to coast on a teen fan base and assume he's above actual talent.
FALSE.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts. And thanks, Lily and Morgan, for letting me watch the show at your house.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

My picks for bottom two: Phil and Sanjaya. Phil's obviously in danger because he's been in the bottom two before. I think all his army/navy/military friends stepped up for him last week, but I doubt he'll last long. If he's not the one to leave, it'll be Sanjaya. It's just ridiculous how long he's lasted.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your comments..My comment is..I have heard many who are discusted with the whole Sanjaya thing..yes..he can sing Somewhat!! but is surfing along on whatever wave's keeping him afloat..program needs another way of elimination system...

Anonymous said...

I think Haley's going to leave. The worst thing a contestant can do on American Idol is be forgettable. No one will vote for you as a fan, and no one will vote for you out of pity.

Anonymous said...

i dont know i think that sunjaya may stick around for sevral more weeks hes not good but hes got that comedy factor goin on